We are experiencing a respiratory outbreak on Ottawa 2 West (O2W)
- Symptoms may include fever, cough, runny nose and congestion.
Outbreak Measures include:
- Routine practices and contact/droplet precautions as communicated on signage throughout the facility
- Enhanced monitoring for symptoms on all units and communication to registered staff
- Immediate implementation of additional precautions when symptoms are noted
- Enhanced hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection
- Limited movement between affected and non-affected units
- Modified programs on the outbreak unit: programs include but are not limited to activities and exercise groups. 1:1 may continue.
- Volunteers are not permitted on the outbreak unit
STAFF: For the sake of our residents and fellow staff, please do not come to work when you are sick!
- Public Health recommends you stay off work for 5 days from the start of symptoms.
FAMILIES/VISITORS: All visits to the affected unit are discouraged to help prevent the spread of the illness.
- Families/Visitors are encouraged to care from a distance. If you must visit, please speak with the Unit Charge Nurse before visiting.
PRIVATE CARE PROVIDERS: Please consult with the registered staff on the unit to review precautions required during the outbreak.
For up to date information:
- Observe the signage at all entrances and throughout the facility
- Listen for updates by calling 613.526-7171
- Visit www.perleyrideau.ca
An Introduction to the Perley Rideau
A Tour of the Perley Rideau Village
- A bird's eye view of our 25-acre property including information on public access and parking.
Want to know more about Perley Rideau, our facility, programs and services?
Find out more about:
- See a map of Perley Rideau Centre
- Visitor information on accessing the Health Centre
- Download the 2017 Perley Rideau Welcome Book
- Each family of a resident on long-term care is eligible for one free parking pass. This policy only applies to residents in long-term care.
- Short-stay residents are issued one complimentary one-time use parking card upon admission.
- There is no charge for a 30-minute drop-off or pick up.
- Residents / visitors may purchase single use parking cards for a flat rate.
- See parking map.
Questions or comments, please contact:
Director of Communications
The Perley Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
1750 Russell Road
Ottawa, ON, K1G 5Z6
Phone: 613-526-7171 ext.2207