Job Posting 2017-374
SPECIALIZED BEHAVIOURAL SUPPORT UNIT PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS
Upon request, the PerleyRideau will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR DUTIES
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is implementing an innovative Specialized Behavioural Support Unit (SBSU) for seniors over the age of 65 with dementia related behaviours not currently managed in their present long term care home.
Modelling the Core Values of the Perley Rideau, Personal Support Workers will be requiredto work with the interdisciplinary team and fostera team approach in the delivery of care to meet SBSU resident needs.
- A Health Care Aide or Personal Worker Certificate
- Ability to speak, read and write English sufficiently to meet thenormal requirements of the job
- Demonstrated ability to organizeown work & identify priorities
- Ability to work with seniors in a resident-centeredenvironment
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Ability to operate a mechanical lift, whirlpool bath, wheelchair, geriatric chair, stretcher, commodes, lounge chair & other equipment required to provide resident care.
- A CardioPulmonary Resuscitation (Heart Saver) Certificate
- Experience with dementia care in a secure environment
- Completed Gentle Persuasive Approach(GPA)
- Ability to manage responsive behaviours
- Proficient in Point Click Care (PCC) and Point of Care (POC)
- Excellent documentation skills
- RNAO Champion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to workcollaboratively with interdisciplinary teamacross health sectors
Together... we improve the well-being of the people we serve.