Who should apply?
Seniors and Veterans:
- who can live independently or
- who need extra help with daily tasks or
- who are living with early to mid-stages of dementia
Former members of the Canadian Forces are provided priority access to the apartments, consistent with the Perley Rideau commitment to honour Veterans.
33% of the apartments will be rented at below market rates for those who qualify, open to both seniors and Veterans.
- There is a secured entry lobby and mail box area.
- All apartments equipped with security access control to the main entry.
- Each apartment is provided with fire alarms, detectors and a fire suppression sprinkler system for tenant safety.
- All floors and rooms within the building are wheelchair accessible. Each building is equipped with elevator(s), located in the centre, and two stairways located at each end of the corridor.
- Kitchen - work in a seated position, 360 degree turning for wheelchair, and wheelchair can fit under sink.
- Washroom – 5’ turning space, side access to toilet, knee space under vanity, barrier free access to shower.
- Entrances to building are automatic and at grade.
- Elevators are service sized.
- Corridors are 5’6” wide so two wheelchairs can pass.
- Individual apartment entrances have an alcove to allow movement in the hallway when one is at their door.
- Apartment doors are 36” wide.
- Buildings with the co-cluster units have easy access to services and amenities onsite.
- Each apartment has an individual, centralized mechanical heating and air conditioning unit which is fully adjustable and is powered by a state-of-the-art geothermal well system for energy efficiency.
- Floor materials have low resistance to wheeled and foot traffic, and are a combination of ceramic tile, vinyl composite tile and plank-style vinyl flooring over 1 ½” of concrete
- Walls between units are of double wall construction for sound privacy.