JOB POSTING: 2021 - 090
Summer Youth Program Student Assistant
May 10 to August 27, 2021
37.5 hours per week
Reporting to the Coordinator, Volunteer Services, and working closely with Volunteer Services staff, this temporary position will be responsible for:
- Recruiting youth volunteers, aged 13 to 18 years, including outreach to schools & community organizations and creation of print & social media marketing.
- Screening, selection, matching, mentoring and recognizing youth volunteers.
- Working with staff in all programs to develop opportunities for intergenerational volunteering.
- Developing enhanced volunteer orientation for infection prevention & control, relevant to COVID-19 precautions
- Daily assignment of youth volunteers to various internal programs and services
- Facilitating COVID-19 orientation to new and returning volunteers of all ages
- Supporting re-opening of resident programs
- Providing clerical support to Volunteer Services, or other departments, including filing, data entry, photocopying, etc.
You are a post-secondary student, who possesses excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. You are independent, organized and be able to work as part of a team. You will have the ability to identify priorities and meet timelines. You have a customer service orientation and proven leadership abilities. Core skills include oral and written (English) communication, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and various social media platforms. Previous volunteer experience with the Perley Rideau is a definite asset. French language skills are an asset but not required. Position is primarily weekday, daytime, with limited evening or weekend shifts.
All serious candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter and resume by 4:00 p.m. Monday, April 12, 2021 to:
- Human Resources Services
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
- 1750 Russell Road, Ottawa, ON. K1G 5Z6
- FAX 613-526-7190
- E-Mail: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No telephone inquiries please.
We gratefully acknowledge The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre Foundation and their donors for supporting this position.