March 1, 2021
Rapid Testing Clinic Information
- The clinic is located in the Day Program office in the health centre.
- Map: See #1E on the map: https://www.perleyrideau.ca/upload/documents/map_facillity_parking_2020.pdf
- The clinic will operate seven days a week from 6 am to 7:30 pm.
- The clinic will conduct rapid test and PCR tests, as required.
- This clinic complies with direction from the Ontario government.
- There will be additional staff supporting outside the clinic and inside the clinic to provide direction, answer your questions and assist with implementation.
Positive Test Results
- Anyone who receives a preliminary positive test from a rapid test will be contacted by Perley Rideau staff and informed of the test result.
- Each staff member will be guided through the next phase of the process while taking every step to keep our community safe.
- A second test – a PCR swab test – will be conducted at the Perley Rideau, unless the individual has left the property.
- The PCR test will be sent to an outside lab for confirmation.
- Everyone who receives a preliminary positive result will need to go home, self-isolate and wait for the PCR test result and further direction.
- The Perley Rideau IPAC team and your manager/supervisor will support you and guide you through this stage.
- Ministry of Health, Ministry of Long-Term Care: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/
- The Abbott webpage on the PANBIO™ COVID-19 Ag test: https://www.globalpointofcare.abbott/en/product-details/panbio-covid-19-ag-antigen-test.html
- Information on the rapid testing clinic, the updated Visitor’s Guide & introduction the Main Entrance online screening app: https://www.perleyrideau.ca/public-announcement
- In the same way that we provided open and transparent information on COVID-19 on the Perley Rideau website, we plan to post current information on rapid testing clinic wait times in the coming days.
- Perley Rideau’s media release on rapid testing: https://www.perleyrideau.ca/upload/documents/february_8_2021_pdf.pdf
Accessing the Screening Tool
Find out more: CLICK HERE
- In an effort to make screening at the Main Entrance easy and to take advantage of the technology available to us, an investment has recently been made to provide temperature scanners at the Main Entrance.
- These are the same scanners that have been in use for several weeks at the Staff Entrance.
- Find out more: CLICK HERE or follow https://www.perleyrideau.ca/upload/documents/december_23_2020_temp_scanners_staff-202.pdf
Keep Our Community Safe
Perley Rideau Cafe
The Perley Rideau Café would like to help ease some of your burden by offering an expanded menu of take-out items and meal kits for individuals and families.
Please provide six hours’ notice for orders, where indicated.
MENU: CLICK HERE
Direct Deposit for Health Claim Benefits
Effective February 1, 2020, Coughlin and Associates will not be providing manual cheques for benefit claims.
To avoid delays in receiving payment for benefit reimbursements, please sign up for Direct Deposit without delay.
Russ Tattersall, M.I.R. Director, Human Resources
Ottawa Ride Match Car Pooling Resource
- PerleyRideau.OttawaRideMatch.com: Sign up to the page created specifically for our Perley Rideau Community
- Click here
Code of Conduct
- Living our Values: Our values and our code of conduct allow us to care for: residents, clients, tenants; families; and each other (staff, volunteers, students). By living our values we promise to embrace a collaborative approach to care; learning and growth; and actionable research.
- View and download our Code of Conduct
FSEAP (Employee Assistance Program)
CLICK HERE or follow https://www.fseap.ca/myfseap
- January 2020 Solutions Newsletter - Stopping a Bad Habit, Overcoming Everyday Anxiety, Improve the Relationship with your Boss, Should you see a Therapist?
- February 2020 Solutions Newsletter - Making the Most of a Bad Day at Work, Financial Health, Past Trauma, Keeping Work Stress from Coming Home, Couples Counselling
- March 2020 Solutions Newsletter - Immune System Support, Suicide Loss Survivors, Optimism, COVID-19 Fear & Facts
- April 2020 Solutions Newsletter - Talk Therapy for Depression, COVID-19 Anxiety, Troubled Teens, Relationship Addiction, Healthy Lungs to Fight COVID-19
- May 2020 Solutions Newsletter - Grief, Loss & the Pandemic, Team Refresher Meetings, Parenting Stress & COVID-19, Managing Workplace Criticism
- June 2020 Solutions Newsletter - Loneliness as a Health Concern, Curbing Impulse Purchases, Stress Management for Pandemic Heroes, “To Dos” with your New Boss
- Note: if you are accessing the pages listed below on a public computer, please remember to log out.
- Do not save your log in information/password to a public computer
- Quadrant Self Service (QHR): https://qhrnet.prvhc.com
- Policy Manager: https://prvhc.policymedical.net
- Coughlin & Associates Ltd: http://www.coughlin.ca/en/default.aspx
- Surge Learning: https://www1.surgelearning.ca
- Ontario Ministry of Labour: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca