We are experiencing a respiratory outbreak on two units: Rideau 1 South (R1S) amd Rideau 1 North (R1N)
- Symptoms may include fever, cough, runny nose and congestion
Outbreak Measures include:
- Routine practices and contact/droplet precautions as communicated on signage throughout the facility
- Enhanced monitoring for symptoms on all units and communication to registered staff
- Immediate implementation of additional precautions when symptoms are noted
- Enhanced hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection
- Limited movement between affected and non-affected units
- Modified programs on the outbreak unit: programs include but are not limited to activities and exercise groups. 1:1 may continue.
- Volunteers are not permitted on the outbreak unit
STAFF: For the sake of our residents and fellow staff, please do not come to work when you are sick!
- Public Health recommends you stay off work for 5 days from the start of symptoms
FAMILIES/VISITORS: All visits to the affected unit are discouraged to help prevent the spread of the illness.
- Families/Visitors are encouraged to care from a distance. If you must visit, please speak with the Unit Charge Nurse before visiting.
PRIVATE CARE PROVIDERS: Please consult with the registered staff on the unit to review precautions required during the outbreak.
For up to date information:
- Observe the signage at all entrances and throughout the facility
- Listen for updates by calling 613.526-7171
- Visit www.perleyrideau.ca
Seniors’ Village Expansion
The Perley Rideau continues to make progress on the expansion of our Seniors’ Village. By housing about 200 seniors in a new multi-storey building on the site of Lupton Hall, the project will help to meet growing demand for seniors’ housing, support government efforts to improve healthcare, help to end hallway medicine, and contribute to our long- term sustainability.
The Board of Directors analyzed a long list of factors before approving the expansion. These include long-term opportunities to generate revenues and the challenges associated with developing the Perley Rideau campus, such as complex underground infrastructure, easements and limited parking space. The analysis identified Lupton Hall as the best site for development, in part because future tenants would enjoy ready access to Village services and amenities.
The next step was to issue a call-out to architectural teams. Of the 10 firms that expressed interest, four advanced to the design-competition stage. The four firms have been engaged to develop innovative ideas that meet all established criteria, including replacing the multi-purpose space of Lupton Hall and delivering a true continuum of care to tenants. Later this summer, we’ll award the contract to the firm with the best proposal and we expect to begin construction in the next two years.
Throughout the planning and design of the new building, there will be numerous opportunities for the Perley Rideau community-at-large to provide input.
The Health Centre continues to discuss the possibility of partnering with Algonquin College to construct a seniors’ care facility.
- Read the CEO Summer 2019 Update: Click here
- Read the May 2019 CEO Update on the Seniors' Village Expansion: Click here
Our 2019 Village Welcome Book
A Tour of the Perley Rideau Village
- A bird's eye view of our property including information on public access and parking.
Want to know more about Perley Rideau, our facility, programs and services?
Find out more about:
- See a Perley Rideau map and read important Visitor Informatio - Click here
- Perley Rideau Village Handbook (Coming Soon)
Questions or comments, please contact:
Director of Communications
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
- 1750 Russell Road
- Ottawa, ON.
- K1G 5Z6
- Phone: 613-526-7171 ext.2207
- Fax: 613-526-7186
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org