June 10, 2021
Clarification on General Visitor Access
- General visitors can only visit in the room of the resident they are visiting.
- It is our interpretation of Directive #3 that General Visitors are not permitted in the Pub, the Cafeteria or other common areas.
Corrections on the Visiting Policy
- Pets are permitted
- General Visitors attending for an outdoor visit are permitted to use the washrooms
- Temperature checks are not returning
Book an outdoor visit: Follow https://calendly.com/perleyrideau/outdoor-visit-2021
Download our Visitor's Guide (updated June 10, 2021): CLICK HERE
Download out poster with details on visiting, absences and testing: CLICK HERE
There really is something to that slogan, “membership has its privileges”.
The high rates of vaccination among residents and Perley Rideau staff permit us to welcome more visitors, to ease physical distancing measures and to accommodate resident absences.
The many changes are explained in the updated Perley Rideau Visitor’s Guide providing links to the Directive #3 and the government webpage COVID-19 Guidance Document for Long-Term Care Homes in Ontario. The changes are now in effect.
As of June 4th, 97% of residents have received both vaccine doses and 89% of Perley Rideau staff have received the first dose, at least. More than 95% of apartment tenants have received at least the first dose of the vaccine and more than 1556 vaccinations have been administered by Perley Rideau staff, under the leadership of the IPAC team.
The Visitor’s Guide is comprehensive and includes significant changes since the last edition was published and shared on June 2nd.
Included in the Visitor’s Guide are directions for the following:
- Fully immunized Essential Caregiver and a fully immunized resident
- Fully immunized Essential Caregiver and a partial/unimmunized resident
- Fully immunized Essential Caregiver and a resident in isolation
- Partial/unimmunized Essential Caregiver and a fully immunized resident
- Partial/unimmunized Essential Caregiver and a partial/unimmunized resident
- Partial/unimmunized Essential Caregiver and a resident in isolation
- Fully immunized General Visitor and a fully immunized resident
- Fully immunized General Visitor and a partial/unimmunized resident
- Fully immunized General Visitor and a resident in isolation
- Partial/unimmunized General Visitor and a fully immunized resident
- Partial/unimmunized General Visitor and a partial/unimmunized resident
- Partial/unimmunized General Visitor and a resident in isolation
- Visits with a resident at end of life
Also included in the guide is information on resident absences for residents along with details on the changes to social gathering in the dining rooms and during activities. The high rate of vaccination in the Perley Rideau community means residents may be able to be benefit from these changes to support their emotional and physical health.
There’s information on screening and rapid testing protocols and changes to the eye protection requirements and a summary on outdoor visiting in the Lupton Hall courtyard.
The Visitor’s Guides is now available on the Perley Rideau website, shared in an email to residents, families, and friends, emailed to staff and accessible in print and available in the Perley Rideau newspaper boxes at the Main Entrance and in the Perley Centre.
There are many changes for our team to to absorb and processes to adapt. We thank you in advance for your patience and support as we work together to ensure that members of our community remain safe.
Please note the Perley Rideau team has made every effort to be open, transparent and accurate in sharing this information. Under such tight deadlines, we don’t expect this information will be perfect, so your feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Director of Communications
JUNE 2, 2021 Update
Resumption of Visits webpage (Home for all information related to visits that includes a list of key contacts): http://www.perleyrideau.ca/visiting-during-a-pandemic
Caregiver Designation Form: CLICK HERE
- Register to receive email updates to family and friends: Email email@example.com
- Watch the recent video updates on the Perley Rideau life: CLICK HERE
Questions or comments, please contact:
Director of Communications
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
- 1750 Russell Road
- Ottawa, ON.
- K1G 5Z6
- Phone: ext.2207
- Fax: 613-526-7186
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org