Want to know more about Perley Rideau, our facility, programs and services?
- Find out more about:
- Resident rooms
- Images of the Perley Rideau life
- Catering, room rentals and where to address your questions
- Download the 2016 Perley Rideau Welcome Book
Newsletters: For residents, tenants, family and friends, staff and volunteers of the Perley Rideau Community.
The latest edition of the Perley Rideau newsletter (Vol 20-02) is now available for download.
- Serving up a new three-week menu for residents;
- News from the Pain Killers;
- Time to nominate outstanding volunteers;
- Foundation news, memories from Valentine’s Day and more...
Watch for hardcopies of the newsletter located throughout our Home.
January, Vol 20-01
November/December edition, Vol 19-10
October edition, Vol 19-09
September edition, Vol 19-08
August Edition, Vol 19-7
June 2016 Edition, Vol 19-6
- Click here: download the newsletter here
May 2016 Edition, Vol 19-5
Read all previous newsletters here
Read recent editions of Between Us, the newsletter of the Perley Rideau Foundation:
- Winter 2016 Newsletter
- Fall 2016 Newsletter
- Spring 2016 Newsletter
- Winter 2015 Newsletter
- Fall 2015 Newsletter
Maps and Visitor Information
Visitors are very welcome to visit with residents or join them for concerts, religious services and special events. Visiting hours are not restricted, but visitors are asked to please respect the duties of the staff and privacy of residents.
- Each family of a resident on long-term care is eligible for one free parking pass. This policy only applies to residents in long-term care.
- Short-stay residents are issued one complimentary one-time use parking card upon admission.
- There is no charge for a 30-minute drop-off or pick up.
- Residents / visitors may purchase single use parking cards for a flat rate.
- See parking map.
2015 Community Reports Available
Throughout 2015, our 20th year of operations, the Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre continued to evolve to better meet the needs of residents, tenants and the larger community. As the initiatives and accomplishments described in this report make clear, the Perley Rideau’s success reflects the organization’s capacity for strategic planning and effective action.
Introducing our Veterans' Recreation and Creative Arts Program
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre has one of Canada’s finest recreation and creative-arts programs.
Veterans residing at the Centre participate in a remarkable range of activities—from pottery, painting and woodworking to gardening and group outings. Program activities, delivered by a mix of certified therapists and professional artists with support from volunteers, run from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day, including statutory holidays.
All activities are designed to improve the quality of life experienced by the approximately 250 Veterans who reside at the Perley Rideau. The ready access to materials, studios and professional support inspires many to take up new pursuits. The Program is particularly successful at sparking improvements in mood and energy among recent arrivals at the Perley Rideau.
Questions or comments, please contact:
Director of Communications
The Perley Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
1750 Russell Road
Ottawa, ON, K1G 5Z6
- Phone: 613-526-7171 ext.2207
- Fax: 613-526-7186
- Email: prvhc%23com|jinnes