*This webpage is immediately updated to reflect all changes in active or resolved cases among residents/staff and to provide notice on the outbreak status of units at the Perley Rideau.
The graphic representation shared below is always up to date in respect to active cases, recovered cases and deaths.
This page will provide immediate updates on any changes to visitation policy. Additional information can be accessed on the Resumption of Visits webpage (CLICK HERE). As testing of residents/staff is now being conducted weekly, the testing numbers are only updated at the end of week or when case counts are updated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Communications
January 19, 2021
- After consultation with Ottawa Public Health, it has been determined that the Perley Rideau’s COVID-19 outbreak is restricted to the Gatineau 2 South unit only.
- Yesterday all residents on the unit were tested for COVID-19 and all results were returned as negative for the virus.
- There are no cases of COVID-19 among residents.
- There are two active cases of COVID-19 among staff at this time.
- The staff members are at home following all safety protocols and we wish each of them a rapid recovery.
- On Gatineau 2 South droplet precautions are in place, requiring staff to wear a mask and face shield. The face shield is the only eye protection permitted on the unit.
- Saturday’s vaccination clinic at the Perley Rideau was a tremendous success.
- An additional 24 residents were vaccinated bringing to 309 the total number of residents who have received the first vaccine of two doses of the Pfizer Biontech vaccine.
- We have every expectation that the second vaccine will be delivered on time and we will update our community with news as it becomes available.
- Thanks to the entire Perley Rideau community for rallying to support this vaccination effort, this is a significant step to keeping everyone safe.
Director of Communications
Vaccination of Residents Underway
- 285 residents have been vaccinated.
- 810 staff members and essential caregivers have registered to receive the vaccine.
- Find out more: http://bit.ly/3rkGTCC
Dropping Off Items for Residents
- For those wanting to deliver items for a residents, please drop off the items at the loading dock adjacent to the Staff Entrance.
Drop Off Days/Times
- 7 am to 3 pm
- Monday through Friday
- The loading dock is closed December 25th, 28th , and Jan 1st and will not be accepting items during these days.
- It is recommend that families coordinate the drop off of items with unit staff to notify them in advance.
- For a list of Perley Rideau contacts, please visit The Resumption of Visits webpage: http://www.perleyrideau.ca/visiting-during-a-pandemic
- The Family Phone Line continues to be monitored as a first stop for all questions.
Essential Caregiver Testing
- Essential caregivers must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result in the 7 days.
- Please note that is specific to the date of the test not the date when the result was received.
- For example, if an essential caregiver is tested on December 11th, then that day counts as Day #1.
- Regardless of when the negative test result is shared with you, Day 1 is December 11th.
- To comply with the rules as set out by the Ontario government, a negative test from December 11th will only cover an essential caregiver for seven days, and that includes the test day of December 10th.
- On that basis, a negative test will only be valid to permit access into long-term care until the end of day on December 17th.
- We apologize for any confusion caused by earlier communications.
- The Perley Rideau recommends that essential caregivers not wait seven days between tests to allow time for the tests to be conducted and communicated back to the caregiver.
- For a list of regional testing centres please visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/assessment-centre-locations
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result may be demonstrated by providing the Perley Rideau the results of the test (e.g. printout or on a mobile device showing the individual’s name, test date and result).
- Please note that a photo/screen grab of the negative test result showing name, date and result must be included in the photo.
- To support access to this information and to avoid personal data charges, an iPad is available at the Main Entrance. Users can log in to the Ontario Health website: https://covid19results.ehealthontario.ca:4443/agree.
- Be sure to have the necessary information to log in.
- Be sure to log out after completing your session.
- Sanitize your hands before and after using the iPad.
- We ask our community for your patience and understanding as we work to implement these protocols, as directed by the Ontario government.
- For more information, please visit the Resumption of Visits webpage. CLICK HERE (http://www.perleyrideau.ca/visiting-during-a-pandemic).
Jay Innes, Director of Communications
Non-essential absences from the Perley Rideau are not permitted at this time.
Visitors to the Perley Rideau will be restricted to essential visitors only, which includes 2 essential caregivers.
- Only one caregiver can visit a resident at a time.
View the flowchart with information on essential visitors: http://www.perleyrideau.ca/upload/documents/september_11_2020_visiting-and-absences-.pdf
- Access the form for essential caregivers: CLICK HERE
• For more information, please view the Resumption of Visits webpage: CLICK HERE
• View our updated Visitor's Guide: CLICK HERE
Resumption of Visits webpage (Home for all information related to visits)(includes a list of key contacts): http://www.perleyrideau.ca/visiting-during-a-pandemic
Book a Virtual Visit: Email the Skypeteam@prvhc.com
- Register to receive email updates to family and friends: Email email@example.com
- View the Resumption of Visits' webpage: CLICK HERE
- Watch the recent video updates on the Perley Rideau life: CLICK HERE
- To read previous communications about COVID-19, visit our "In The News" webpage: CLICK HERE
- View our archive of communications with apartment tenants: CLICK HERE
- Infection Prevention and Control Frequently Asked Questions - Residents: CLICK HERE
- Infection Prevention and Control Frequently Asked Questions - Staff: CLICK HERE
- The onsite pharmacy (https://www.medicalpharmacies.com), is now accepting phone orders from families to purchase personal care items for a loved one. These are the typical items purchased at a pharmacy including incontinence products.
- The hours of operation are from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday and the phone number is 613.526-7205.
- Over the phone, staff will accept payment and provide details on delivery.
Questions or comments, please contact:
Director of Communications
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
- 1750 Russell Road
- Ottawa, ON.
- K1G 5Z6
- Phone: ext.2207
- Fax: 613-526-7186
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org