Job Posting 2021-010
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is currently seeking a temporary full time Housekeeping Supervisor (six months) for our 450-bed long term care. As an integral member of the Support Services Team the Housekeeping Supervisor plays a key leadership role by coaching, mentoring, training, providing direction and ensuring quality of the services they are responsible for. This position leads the housekeeping team to ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and Infection Prevention and Control Standards. The principle responsibilities include: supervising front line staff, performing administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective operation of the service, ensuring quality standards are maintained through the performance of audits and feedback to staff, supporting and ensuring a collaborative working environment.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 education with post-secondary course related to environmental services.
- Completion of The Ontario Health Care Housekeepers' Association Housekeeping Administration Certificate or Environmental Services Leadership Program Certificate.
- Satisfactory completion and certification from one of the following three (required);
- Housekeeping Certification – Ontario Hospital Association (OHA)
- Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers Association (OHHA)
- Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM)
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in a Long Term Care environment
- Experience with Quality Improvement programs
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Technical knowledge of housekeeping equipment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools required.
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control Cleaning Standards & Procedures required.
Resumes may be forwarded by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 18th, 2021 to:
- Human Resources Services
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
- 1750 Russell Road, Ottawa, ON. K1G 5Z6
- FAX 613-526-7190
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
Download this post: CLICK HERE