Mme. Leblance, a former Nurse and a Veteran, encourages the Perley Rideau community to get vaccinated against COVID-19
January 14, 2021
Vaccines may arrive at the Perley Rideau as soon as Saturday, January 16
These vaccinations are available to Perley Rideau residents, staff and caregivers, based on vaccine availability. At this time, it is unclear how many COVID-19 vaccine dosages will be available. We await confirmation that the vaccine will be arriving on Saturday but we want everyone to be ready so that we can continue to protect our community.
- Immediately, we need to know that you want to receive the vaccine.
- Please email our IPAC team and let them know you want to receive the vaccine.
- Email: email@example.com
- We ask that everyone interested in receiving the vaccine immediately complete the COVID-19 consent form and email the IPAC team at https://www.perleyrideau.ca/upload/documents/january_4_2021_covid-19-pfizer-moderna-c.pdf
- If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with the IPAC team: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must receive your vaccine at the location where your first vaccine was received.
- The Perley Rideau is not permitted to provide a second vaccination, if the first vaccination was not provide on-site.
- Thanks for sharing this great news with residents, staff, family and caregivers.
- Pleast note that if you have already had your first vaccination at the Civic campus or are now booked to receive the vaccination at the Civic campus, you are not eligible for the upcoming clinic at the Perley Rideau.
January 4, 2021
Vaccination of Perley Rideau Residents Begins This Week
A campaign to vaccinate residents of The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre against COVID-19 will begin on January 5th. These residents will be the first residents of a long-term care home in the Champlain region to receive the vaccine.
The campaign will administer the two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to consenting residents who meet screening criteria. Perley Rideau staff will administer the vaccine on-site.
Staff are now contacting residents and Substitute Decision Makers to complete the necessary steps to ensure all individuals can make informed decisions and that all questions are answered and needs are met.
To expedite the process, we ask the following of residents/Substitute Decision Makers:
1. View the Perley Rideau’s Covid-19 vaccine webpage: http://bit.ly/3rkGTCC
2. Read the information sheet about the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine: https://bit.ly/3neDEJy
3. As appropriate, the resident/Substitute Decision Maker must read and complete the Ministry of Health’s consent form: https://bit.ly/3pOoEE9
4. Once completed, the form can be faxed or emailed back to the Infection Prevention and Control team.
a. FAX: 613-526-7186
b. EMAIL: email@example.com
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is stable for six hours from the time it is reconstituted which gives us ample time to administer while maintaining efficacy.
Please note that if you are an essential caregiver and you want to receive the vaccine -- and you do not already have an appointment to receive the vaccine -- you may be eligible to receive a vaccination at the Perley Rideau this week. Please complete and submit the consent form and watch for updates on the Perley Rideau website.
Approximately two weeks ago, members of Perley Rideau were among the first in Ontario to be vaccinated. Some will receive their second dose tomorrow; others will receive their second dose in the coming days. Ottawa Public Health has also offered the vaccine to essential caregivers at Perley Rideau; in all, more than 810 staff and essential caregivers have registered for the vaccine.
Although vaccination is underway, all safety protocols, such as the wearing of masks and personal protective equipment (PPE), and visitation restrictions remain in place. In addition, all staff will continue to be tested for COVID-19 on a weekly basis. Currently, there are no active cases of COVID-19 among Perley Rideau staff and residents.
Director of Communications
Members of the Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre community are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
This vaccine is safe and has undergone a robust approval process, like all vaccines.
- Download the Pfizer vaccine consent form for residents: CLICK HERE
- Information sheet for Pfizer vaccine: CLICK HERE
- Information sheet for Moderna vaccine: CLICK HERE
- Read a Fact Sheet shared by Ottawa Public Health: CLICK HERE
- Read the recent FAQ from Ottawa Public Health: CLICK HERE
- View the poster from Health Canada: CLICK HERE
- Read our COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Fact Sheet:CLICK HERE
- See below for the full text of the COVID-19 mRNA Fact Sheet
The Ministry of Health has released a comprehensive information package to address your questions and support you through this process:
- About the Vaccine: CLICK HERE
- Vaccine After Care Sheet: CLICK HERE
- COVID-19 Vaccine Approval Process and Safety: CLICK HERE
- Planning Checklist: CLICK HERE
- For staff, consent Form: CLICK HERE
- For staff, consent Form, Data Collection: CLICK HERE
Please know that the Perley Rideau's Infection Prevention and Control have received the vaccine and are available to answer your questions and address your concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the vaccine is now open and available on a first come, first served basis requiring individuals to phone and book their appointment.
Although this campaign of vaccinating Canadians will continue, we recommend all Perley Rideau staff take advantage of this early opportunity to keep our community safe.
"This year more than 90% of staff have already rolled up their sleeves to accept the flu vaccine to keep our community safe," says Akos Hoffer, CEO. "We will not squander this opportunity as we live our motto: Together, we improve the well-being of the people we serve."
If you have any questions or concerns, the Perley Rideau team is on standby, please email email@example.com.
Details for Staff:
- Phone lines are open seven days a week.
- Once you have an appointment booked, please notify the IPAC team and again after you have you have received your vaccine. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For support in additional languages, please call 613-580-6744 and you may request the assistance of an interpreter.
- When you book your first appointment, your second appointment will be scheduled at that time.
- The clinic is located at the Civic campus of The Ottawa Hospital (1053 Carling Avenue)
- Please take your Perley Rideau identification and your health card with you to the appointment.
- The appointment is expected to last one hour.
- All individuals who receive the vaccine are provided a print receipt of vaccination.
- Help share news of this achievement, email our IPAC team at email@example.com and proudly share a photo of your proof of vaccination card on the Perley Rideau social media channels – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- After receiving the first vaccination, staff are required to continue to follow all current safety protocols – wear a mask, wear PPE as required, wash your hands and maintain proper physical distancing.
- At this time, staff will continue to be required to be tested weekly for COVID-19, as directed by the Ontario government.
- This vaccination campaign is limited to only staff members at this time.
Recent Perley Rideau Media
If you have any questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or speak with your manager/supervisor.
Director of Communications
Read our COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Fact Sheet