The Future is Now: Innovative living environments for older adults with cognitive impairment
The Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care is launching the first in a series of free webinars and you are invited to attend!
- Date: March 10th, 2021
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Presenter: Dr. Philippe Voyer, Laval University
Many well-known projects such as Alzheimer’s villages and Greenhouse projects have been designed to stimulate culture change in homes for older adults with cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. While the need to create the best living environments for this population has been known for years, COVID-19 has made this clearer than ever. The presentation will highlight the underlying principles of the most innovative special housing units and the research data that support them. Concrete examples will be presented, including a new residence recently created in Quebec City.
The webinar will be moderated by Dr. Annie Robitaille, Research Chair, Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care, and Assistant Professor, University of Ottawa, with opening remarks from Dr. Linda Garcia, Director LIFE Research Institute and Full Professor, University of Ottawa.
- Please register using the following Zoom link: http://bit.ly/3k7B2gV
- For the Perley Rideau community: For those without computer/smart phone access, the webinar will be available for viewing in Lupton Hall, following all COVID-19 safety protocols.
- For individuals planning to attend to watch in Lupton Hall, please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot, and register using the link.
- The webinar will be recorded and accessible on the Perley Rideau website.
This is a partnership between the Perley Rideau Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care and the LIFE Research Institute at the University of Ottawa.