JOB POSTING: 2017-080
REQUISITION CLERK – Materials Management (Non-Union)
Full Time (37.5)
Reporting to the Manager, Support Services, this full time (37.5 hours weekly) position will be responsible for sourcing and expediting the purchase of stock and non-stock supplies, equipment and purchased services according to the facilities operational requirements and maintains the internal mailroom.
With at least one year of purchasing work experience at a junior buyer level or higher and preferably in a healthcare environment, the successful candidate possesses a strong customer service orientation, is flexible, well organized and punctual, detail oriented, and has strong oral and written (English) communications skills.
Core skills include:
- knowledge of purchasing practices, methods, procedures and regulations,
- knowledge of inventory control,
- knowledge of transportation and supply distribution logistics, rules and regulations
- familiarity with the various communication mediums available for the purpose of purchasing supplies and services
- ability to operate a computer at an above average level in a Microsoft Windows environment
- ability to use office automation equipment (fax, photocopier, printer, postage machine)
Candidates must have a one year community college “Certified Professional Purchaser designation, PMAC certificate or equivalent
All serious candidates are encouraged to send their resume and covering letter to:
Human Resources Services
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
1750 Russell Road
The deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 17th, 2017.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.