JOB POSTING: 2018-362
3 Part-time (variable hours) positions
Description: The 450-bed Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is a leading regional resource in long-term, respite and convalescent care, with particular emphasis on providing for the needs of seniors, veterans and people requiring dementia care. We are seeking a motivated and team-oriented individual for the position of Recreation Programmer. The position consists of varied shifts, evenings and weekends.
Qualifications: This position involves working with residents in our long-term care home. Experience working with seniors is a must. In this position the successful applicant is involved in providing recreational activities both individually and in a group setting. You will work alongside the Recreation Therapist in the development and implementation of programs through participation in planning, designing, developing, delivering and evaluation of different programs.
- Candidates must have a 2 year College Diploma in Recreation/Leisure studies along with a current Food Handlers Certificate.
- Ability to organize work and identify priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous job related experience working with residents with dementia.
- Ability to work with the elderly in a resident centered care long-term care environment.
- F class driver’s license considered an asset.
All serious candidates are encouraged to apply, (quoting Job Posting 2018-362) by 4pm on Friday, September 7th, 2018 to:
Human Resources Services
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
1750 Russell Road
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.