Our Privacy Statement
The Perley Rideau is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of each resident’s personal health information. These privacy practices are aligned with Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
If you would like to receive information about Perley Rideau’s Privacy Program, contact the Privacy Office at ext. 613 526-7171 (ext. 2105).
To contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario:
- 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400 Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
Keeping Your Personal Health Information Private is Important to Us
The Perley Rideau provides you with a broad variety of care services. To meet your needs and serve you well, the Perley Rideau needs to know personal health information about you. You have a right to know how we collect, use and disclose personal health information. You have a right to expect that to the best of our ability, your personal health information held by us remains accurate, confidential and secure.
The Perley Rideau collects, uses, discloses and stores facts about you and your health, including:
• your name, address, and your Ontario Health Card number;
• facts about your health, health care history and the health care that you have been given;
• facts about payment for your health care.
We use this information and share it only with those who need to know in order to provide care and services to our residents and clients. For instance, we might use it:
• to make decisions about the types of services you need;
• to serve as a means to communicate with other service providers;
• to monitor the provision of services and evaluate your response to services provided;
• for administration, management, strategic planning, decision-making, research, allocating of resources within the organization;
• to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
As a resident,
• You may see or have access to your personal health information.
• You may ask for and receive a copy of your health record.
• You may ask us to correct your records.
• Your personal health information is private. Unless sharing it with others is authorized by law, we cannot and will not give out any of your personal health information without your consent.
• You may make an enquiry or make a complaint to our Privacy Office (see contact information below), and/or to the Information and Privacy Commission of Ontario, about access to your personal health information or about how your personal health information is collected, stored, used or disclosed to others.
For further information about Perley Rideau’s Privacy Program, please contact Perley Rideau’s Privacy Office at 613 526-7171 (ext. 2440).