Telephone: 613-526-7170 ext. 2009
We look forward to talking with you to discuss your needs,
and provide further information about these unique apartments.
Apartment Rental Process Eligibility Rules
- Tenants are to be 65 years of age (Contact Rental Office for exceptions)
- Tenants must be non-smokers. No Smoking, by tenants or others, in the apartments or on balconies
Rental Application Process
- Initial contact with our Rental Office by phone, mail or email.
- Your initial questions are answered and you are provided with our rental promotional material.
- If interested, you will complete a “Seniors’ Housing Waiting List Application Form” and your name will be placed on the waiting list for either:
A. Independent apartment (through our Rental Office)
B. Independent City apartment – you must contact the Social Housing Registry of Ottawa to be listed for a rent subsidy or for a below market rate apartment. (5th floor, 2197 Riverside)
- Anyone interested in renting an apartment is required to complete and forward a “Seniors’ Housing Waiting List Application Form” to the Rental Office. Prospective tenants are contacted by the Rental Office when units are available.
- During your first meeting, you will be given all leasing documents. Any questions you may have will be addressed and you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred apartment. A second meeting will then be scheduled, in order to allow you ample time to review the documentation.
- At the second meeting, we will review the documents with you, and fill in any missing information. If you wish to proceed with the application, a security deposit equivalent to one month’s rent will be required.
- A credit verification of your financial status will be performed.
- All leasing documents, as per individual potential tenant lease, will be reviewed. Your eligibility will be assessed, your need for services confirmed, as well as the results of the credit verification.
- The Rental Office will then keep you advised of the status of your application.
Please note that rents do not include parking, storage locker, meals, housekeeping, cable, or telephone. All of these services are available as a fee for service.