Perley Rideau Seniors Village introduces two new apartment buildings, especially designed for accessibility and comfort for seniors. Apartment units, including studio, one- and two-bedroom units, some with dens, are located in a three-storey or five-storey building, surrounded by green spaces, gardens and walkways.
Perley Rideau is welcoming new tenants in its new apartment buildings. Both are located on the Perley Rideau grounds to allow easy access to the onsite services and amenities.
Building B, a 3-storey plus basement apartment has 41 one bedroom and 4 two bedroom units. Every apartment has a balcony, kitchen, and laundry facilities.
Commissionaires Ottawa Place, a 5-storey apartment building has 94 apartments - 29 one bedroom, 5 two bedroom, 20 two bedroom with den, and 40 studio/bachelor type units. All are equipped with kitchens and laundry facilities. Most floors also have a 10 bedroom cluster unit with shared kitchen dining, and living areas.
Amenities - featuring a number of health-oriented services and designated spaces for leisure and learning activities as well as social and community events, including, a Seniors’ Fitness Centre for classes and exercise.
If needed, a variety of supportive programs are available:
- Assisted Living Services, are provided for those that need extra help with daily tasks such as meal preparation, administration of medications, housekeeping, health care monitoring.
- Complemented by the following programs, Adult Day program, Guest House, Respite care, Convalescent care
Who should apply?
- Seniors and veterans alike
- who can live independently or
- who need extra help with daily tasks or
- who are living with early to mid-stages of dementia
- 20 to 30% of the 139 apartments have been designated for the Canadian Forces veterans
- 70 to 80% are thus available to both seniors and veterans on a first come first served basis.
- 33% of the apartments will be rented at below market rates for those who qualify, open to both seniors and veterans