JOB POSTING: 2020-418
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is one of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario. The Perley Rideau campus includes 450 long-term care beds, a 12-bed Guest House providing respite care and a Seniors Village with 139 independent-living apartments for seniors. A growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services are available on-site. We are seeking applications for the following non-union scheduling support position:
37.5 hours per week - one-year contract with possibility of renewal
Duties of this role include:
- Scheduling union and non-union employees
- Arranging replacement staff to cover absences and vacant shifts
- Performing staffing transactions in the staffing software (Quadrant Workforce - QHR)
- Conduct administrative duties related to the staffing process
- Providing information and data to managers and supervisors
- Other assigned duties as required
Candidates must have the following skills and attributes
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including 6:00 a.m. starts, weekends
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Typing a minimum 35 wpm and familiarity with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to learn new software and equipment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to understand English spoken with diverse accents
- Ability to comprehend and follow established staffing processes, and problem solve where required.
- Ability to follow and apply policies, procedures, and collective agreement requirements
- Strong attention to detail and task completion
- Be reliable, flexible, well organized and punctual
- Demonstrate the core values of the Perley Rideau
Preferred assets include:
- Experience in staff scheduling in a unionized environment
- Experience with staff scheduling software
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred but not required
- Post secondary education would be an asset but is not required
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please note the following requirements for your application:
- All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in a Word Document with the following formatting:
- Margins: 1 inch (2.54 cm) on all sides (top, bottom, left, right);
- Font: 12-pt. Arial;
- Spacing: 1.15
- Page Number: At the bottom right of every page
- The Cover Letter must answer all of the following questions. No generic Cover Letters will be accepted.
- Briefly describe your specific experience, education or training that would make you a good candidate for this role.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Describe a high-pressure situation in your previous professional experience, and how you handled the situation.
- All applicants must provide a copy of their resume.
- All applicants will be required to provide 3 references after interviews
Dowload this posting: CLICK HERE
All candidates are encouraged to send their resume and a covering letter, meeting the above requirements, no later than 4:00 pm. November 10th, 2020 to:
- Human Resources Services
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
- 1750 Russell Road
- Ottawa, ON.
- K1G 5Z6
- FAX 613-526-7190
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.