JOB POSTING: 2019-515
The 450 bed Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is a leading regional resource providing services to seniors, Veterans and people requiring dementia care, including long-term, short-stay, assisted living services, and seniors housing.
If you have a genuine compassion for and a desire to improve the quality of life of seniors, and are able to communicate effectively with clients, tenants, families, staff, and the public, the following opportunity might be right for you. We are seeking a motivated and team-oriented individual for the position of:
Assistant Co-ordinator, Assisted Living Services for High Risk Seniors and Tenant Relations
Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
The successful candidate will support the Assisted Living Services program in the absence of the Co-ordinator, and provide Tenant Relations support for the Seniors’ Housing apartments.
Together with the Co-ordinator, the successful candidate will provide leadership, planning, co-ordination, and evaluation of the 24-hour service for frail seniors in their own homes, and for the tenants in the 139 apartments. Key responsibilities include client assessment; care planning; service provision; customer service; tenant relations; scheduling and scheduling adjustments of staff and clients; file and inventory management; and, implementing and managing data management systems.
The incumbent for this position will possess:
- A degree or diploma in Health, Gerontology, Social Services or a related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the healthcare/community field working with seniors
- A valid driver’s license with a clean abstract and a dependable vehicle
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions independently, and to work well with a team
- Strong clinical skills, knowledge and understanding of Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias
- Desire to serve seniors and their families
- Advanced data management/computer skills
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
This position requires “on call” responsibilities and availability for emergency situations; flexible work hours including evenings, weekends, and overtime are a job requirement. You must capable of lifting, sitting, standing and walking as part of the essential duties of the job.
Bilingualism and knowledge of RAI-MDS a definite asset.
All serious candidates are encouraged to send their resume and covering letter by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, December 5, 2019 to:
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
- Download this posting: click here