Job Posting: 2019-243
Download the pdf version: click here
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is currently seeking a full time Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor for our 450-bed long term care. As an integral member of the Support Services team the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor plays a key leadership role by coaching, mentoring, training, providing direction and ensuring quality of the services they are responsible for. In compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and Infection Prevention and Control Standards. The principle responsibilities include: performing administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective operation of the service, ensuring quality standards are maintained through the performance of audits and feedback to staff, supporting and ensuring a collaborative working environment, using innovative ideas and concepts to provide leadership in effecting change and improving the quality of service within the framework of Perley Rideau’s Quality Program; performing planning/project responsibilities; supervising and developing human resources, including assigning duties and responsibilities; performing financial responsibilities; monitoring and keeping equipment in good repair, performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 education with post-secondary course related to environmental services.
- Completion of The Ontario Health Care Housekeepers' Association Housekeeping Administration Certificate.
- Satisfactory completion and certification from one of the following three (required);
- Housekeeping Certification – Ontario Hospital Association (OHA)
- Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers Association (OHHA)
- Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM)
- Two (2) years housekeeping/linen supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in Long Term Care
- Experience with Quality Improvement programs
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience with project management principles
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Technical knowledge of housekeeping, linen, laundry and transport equipment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Cleaning Standards, Infection Prevention and Control, and Housekeeping Cleaning Standards & Procedures required.
All serious candidates are encouraged to apply, by 4:00p.m. on Friday May 17th, 2019 to:
Human Resources Services
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
1750 Russell Road
Ottawa, ON K1G 5Z6
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.