Reference Number: 2020-459
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is one of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario. The Perley Rideau campus includes 450 long-term care beds, a 12-bed Guest House providing respite care and a Seniors Village with 139 independent-living apartments for seniors. A growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services are available on-site. Veterans enjoy priority access to 210 of the Health Centre’s long-term care beds and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces are eligible for priority access to the Seniors Village apartments. Perley Rideau employs a staff of more than 800 people.
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre Foundation is the fundraising arm of the Health Centre and is seeking a motivated and team-oriented individual for the position of:
Administrative Assistant to the Foundation
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Our Foundation team is looking for a dynamic, organized and efficient Administrative Assistant to help us achieve our mission - to raise funds to help the Perley Rideau achieve its mission; excellence in the health, safety, and well-being of seniors and Veterans with a focus on innovation in person-centered and frailty informed care and service.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Following approved protocols and controls, receives donations to the Foundation, ensures that they are properly deposited and ensures that complete and full records are maintained at all times in Raiser’s Edge;
- Ensures that thank you letters and receipts are issued in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintains schedule and sends out reminders for pledge payments;
- Ensures that the Monthly donors Direct Debits and Credit Card donations are processed and entered in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensures that all donor and prospect records are constantly updated and accurate;
- Ensures the complete confidentiality of all donor information according to Donor Bills of Rights.
- Performs day to day secretarial and administrative duties as relates to the needs of the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Committees;
- Supports Foundation Board and Committees: schedules meetings, coordinates and prepares document packages, orders catering, coordinates room booking, attends and takes minutes at Board meetings, provides technical support as required;
- Maintains Executive Director's calendar;
- Codes payables for Finance Department and reconciles bank statements with donations;
- Maintains appropriate levels of office supplies and ensures that all equipment is in proper state of repair; and
- Maintains an up-to-date filing system;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field or equivalent background in administration;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Experience with virtual meetings, especially Zoom;
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software, an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet multiple and competing priorities;
- Highly professional, acts with integrity;
- Creative, innovative and resourceful;
- A drive to succeed personally, and to support team success;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends as required.
- Bilingualism an asset
Compensation Range: $45,389-$55,276 plus benefits package.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, December 4th . All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. As part of the selection process, we ask that candidates submit a cover letter (2 pages max) that addresses the following questions:
- What interests you most about this position? How does this opportunity align with your career goals and interests?
- How does your education, skills and experience align with the position requirements?
- What are the strongest assets that make you a good candidate for this position?
- What do you see as your biggest challenge in this position? How would you overcome this?
Please send your cover letter and CV to:
- Human Resources
- The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
- 1750 Russell road
- Ottawa, ON
- K1G 5Z6
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 613-526-7190
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
DOWNLOAD THE POSTING: CLICK HERE